Thursday 12 April 2012

Playdough and mixing

April showers have definately been making themselves known today much to Bean's disappointment.  Now she is getting more confident on her feet and in the garden she wants to be out there all the time.

This morning I finally got round to making some playdough for Bean to explore.  There are many different recipes for playdough bt I went for a cooked playdough.  I got the recipe from http://www.playdoughrecipe.com

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of plain flour
  • 2 tbsp. of cooking oil
  • 1 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 cup of salt
  • food colouring
Directions:
  • Add the food coloring to the water.
  • Place all of the ingredients in a medium size or large pan.
  • Cook slowly on medium to high heat and stir until the playdough thickens.
  • Done, very simple!





Once I had made the playdough I realised I hadn't picked up a little rolling pin for Bean so I dug out my sugarcraft rolling pin for her to use.  When it had cooled I sat Bean at her little table and let her explore the playdough.  She was a bit confused by it, but with some encouragement and showing her what to do she had a go.  As with everything practice is needed to perfect her playdough skills.






Today Bean was having a bad teething day as well as an over tired day so was miserable unless being kept occupied.  So this afternoon we practiced whisking and mixing.  I had some tesco value custard (although is a very watery custard) in the cupboard which I added to some cold water and let Bean loose with her whisk.  She loves whisking and splashing with her whisk.  The floor was covered by the end as she decide to try and lift the bowl with one hand, which poured custard on the floor.  We will definately do this again.







 

1 comment:

  1. Thats the same recipe I used when you were young - love her with her bowl and whisk.....xxx

    ReplyDelete